Friday 21 September 2012

Oklahoma - (2)

Oklahoma the state

Oh What A Beautiful Morning!


What a fantastic song to start a show.....an empty stage and a lone voice. 
It's also a favourite for singing in the car as I set out in the morning, cheers me up for the whole day.

The music from Oklahoma! stays with you long after you leave the theatre, there are so many clever lyrics and catchy tunes that it almost impossible to pick out a single one. “The Surrey with a Fringe on top”, “Many a New Day” “I Cain't Say No” “Kansas City” and Oklahoma! Itself . I will end up listing them all if I carry on.
It is the show that for my society brought the most people ever to audition for roles, with as many going for Ado Annie as for Laurey, The audition committee had a whole day of auditions to judge for these two parts alone.


The setting is 1906, the year before Oklahoma became a State of the USA, and costumes are traditionally gingham dresses and checked cowboy shirts, which makes life a little easier for the wardrobe department, although there are many possible variations on this theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment