Tuesday 28 February 2012

Seven Brides for Seven brothers - (3)


My suggestions for presents for this show tend to be centred round the themes of “love” and “weddings” . As mentioned before; garters, bouquets, lucky horseshoes, all kinds of wedding favours can be used as gifts, and as the final scene is of a “shotgun” wedding, rifles and toy guns can also be added.


But there is also a birth ; so baby themed gifts for Millie. (Our poor little Hannah doll had a last night prank Moustache to match that of Adam!)
Lots of snow : so snowmen and snowballs (sweets, chocolate or cakes) or a snowman keyring (here).
Spring too, with all kinds of baby animals to choose from, lambs, chicks, soft toys if you feel so inclined.

And then there are the pies; apple pies, cherry pies, anything you might have taken to a social dance such as Millie would have cooked. Or a pie plate, there are lots of fancy plates to be had at the moment, whether from a department store or a junk/antique shop.
I stock these when I can find them, but they tend to be one-off buys and unrepeatable.

I hope I have given you some fun ideas and inspirations for presents for those involved in “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”, there are some more to be found in this category on my website, together with a list of characters and musical numbers to remind you of names and relevances.

Writing of these has reminded me of the fun I had finding gifts for my friends, and I hope to share that enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment